Monday, August 20, 2012

Harvest has begun

Harvest has finally begun for us.  Our barley is all in the bin as of today.  It looks like it will be another 5 days or so before anything else is ready to combine.  In the meantime, the guys are still trying to get that straw baled (from my last post!) and cut and bale some CRP for hay.  There are bales to haul home, corrals to repair, and so much more to get done. 

I thought I'd share a few photos from the week's activity.


Combining barley



Combine needed repair so as I helped I had to snap a few pictures! 
This one is my favorite from that little session.



Hubby waiting for the truck to get full.


This could be the next field harvested.  It is Hard Red Spring Wheat, but if the Canola gets ready first that is what we will do.  It is a waiting game and can be difficult to be patient sometimes.
 
Linked to:  Rural Thursday

3 comments:

  1. I love these pictures, especially the B&W combine repair and the wheat field! Sounds like ya'll are busy, busy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a slow, but steady pace right now. In a few days, it will be busy, busy again! Once the combine rolls it is crazy busy. But a business we have chosen and love (well, most of the time!).

      Delete
  2. Everything looks great -- love the wheat photo! :)

    ReplyDelete